Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I need a hug....

....or a cocktail. Or both. Some random thoughts:

I went to the funeral yesterday, and it was very sad. I went home afterwards and hugged my kids until they were thoroughly disgusted with all the hugging. The graveside service was right by where my mother is buried, so after that was over I stopped by her grave, and was thinking about my mother and my children, this grieving mother and her children, and it was all too much and I had a decently-contained cry for a few minutes (you know, I tried to avoid chest-hitching sobs and all that, and managed to, for the most part). Add to this the fact that I am on my period (these horrible, seemingly vengeful periods I have been experiencing since the arrival of Bubba, the kind of period where you wonder if your body is mad at you and trying to get back at you for something - they are horrible, the worst periods I have ever had, sorry if that's too much information but it's true) and yesterday goes down in the books as a bad day.

At the end of the evening yesterday, I had gone home and was trying to rock Bubba to sleep and was suffering from a headache that was absolutely killing me. I couldn't get up to take anything because Bubba was being difficult, and there was no one else home at the time to get anything for me. I wallowed in self-pity for a little while before crying a little bit more and then just getting up and getting myself some tylenol. Then I watched 'The Office' for a while and between that and the Tylenol, felt better.

My sister-in-law and her husband just found out that they will be stationed in Viginia Beach, which is exciting for me because that is only about an eight hour drive to my family in and around State College, PA. So I can visit my SIL, visit my family in Pennsylvania, see colonial Williamsburg again (yes, I am a huge nerd), and hit up Busch Gardens, all in one visit. Hooray! Roller coasters, family, and colonial history. I'll say it again: hooray!

Maybe next time I blog I won't be so grumpy. Sorry!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hug*

Jennifer said...

[[[[hugs]]]]

Aimee said...

Sending you some hugs and good thoughts.