Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I knew it

Well, my predictions were accurate - bad latch, bad supply. Mix that in with a tongue-tie (although not an extremely severe one) and we have every reason in the world to have problems. The solution? Patience. I was afraid of that - the one thing (ok, one of many) that I am in short supply of, and that's the one thing I need to solve this problem. I just have to wait it out, not show stress when he won't nurse, don't push the issue, etc. Latch 15 times until we get a good one, and then patiently go through the process again when he breaks the latch himself. It will be a long road, but I have renewed hope. That and I had to buy more formula last night, and what I paid for it made me wince. So I have renewed hope and a resolve to not buy many more $25 cans of formula. I don't understand the whole brand thing when it comes to formulas - is one brand better than another? Are store-brand generics just as good as the brand names? This is all new to me. Me and my friend Mr. Google will have to spend some time together to figure all this out.

Thanks to those that wished me well, and thanks to those who endured my breast-related rambling. Hopefully I will be done with all that now, with the exception of noting how well everything is going. Hopefully.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Glad to hear that the meeting went well and gave you the reassurance to keep on keepin' on. Breastfeeding is HARD, and I am sad to say that this time around it didn't really work out. Bun is pretty much a formula baby, thanks to his stay in the NICU as well as some other problems on my end.
I'm glad that you can continue :)