Monday, January 14, 2008

Stick a fork in me....

....preferably one of those crochet-hook forks that doctors use to break your water, because I AM DONE. Finished. I don't care how ill-prepared the house or car might be, I am ready to have this baby.

Yesterday morning I woke up and got out of bed to discover that Little Guy had dropped down a little lower. I don't understand who decided to call this process 'lightening'. I do not feel 'light'. I feel heavy, large and lumbering. I feel awkward and tired and the pressure in my belly when I stand up is, while not unbearable, quite unpleasant. Yesterday I would work around the house for ten or fifteen minutes and then take a ten or fifteen (or sometimes twenty) minute break. This seemed to work well for me until I got up from one such break and was standing at the sink washing out my burner pans and realized: I did not feel any better. I felt exactly the same as I did when I went to sit down fifteen minutes earlier. I gave up and retired to the sofa for a while to watch a show about rogue elephants, while feeling rather elephant-like myself.

I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, and I am feeling very torn on the idea of a cervix check. While I would like to know if I am progressing, if I found out nothing was happening down there I'm afraid it might depress me a little bit. I've been two centimeters and holding for weeks now. Even one more centimeter would be enouraging. I might not get a choice this week, though. I don't know.

At any rate, I don't think there will be a baby this week. I think it could happen sometime next week, but I don't think it will be this early. But what do I know. Very little. We'll see!

No comments: