Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lust for power: slaked (for now)

So. Tired. Not as tired as I was yesterday, but still pretty damn tired.

Yesterday was our first girl scout meeting. We combined the brownies and the daisies into one group and they all met together. This wasn't an official meeting, this was just a get together so the old girls could reunite and any new faces could get a taste of girl scouting and decide if they want to try it out.

I am leading the Daisy troop, with Michelle helping me. What started out as an itty bitty group of girls has now blossomed into 10 (only eight were there yesterday, though). At one point in the meeting, I looked down and there were eight little faces looking expectantly up at me, and the thought occurred to me: I have minions! Sweet! I have blue-smocked flying monkeys to do my evil bidding! It was only a temporary, amusing thought, but it made me laugh for the rest of the day.

In all seriousness, it went really well. It's a good group of girls who get along well and behave well and I think it's going to be a good year. Here's hoping.

No comments: