Wednesday, February 21, 2007

By the way

Thank you, to Mr. Mike Clark, for 'The World According to Garp'. If you haven't read it, you should. It's a great book. And the only thing better than reading a great book is knowing someone who has also read it and can discuss it with you, show you a little different perspective, point out some things you never noticed. Garp is one of those books that makes you think afterwards. I finished it late last night, and found myself attaching signifigance to everything: when I walked outside, it was just starting to rain. What does that mean? I pondered. While I was outside a small possum darted up the driveway and into the backyard. Blurg, what does that mean? I wondered, again. I eventually concluded it all meant nothing - there was a slightly damp possum in the backyard, that's what it meant. But that's how the book got me. I love books that get me. Thank you, Clark. You're the bomb.

No comments: