Tuesday, January 13, 2009

10 Things I like about "S"

Aimee over at The Mother Load has assigned me to come up with ten things I am fond of that start with the letter "S". I will reach deep into my vocabulary and see what I can muster up:



Sisters: Man, I am one lucky chick. My sisters are witty, hilarious, thoughtful, kind and generous. I appreciate and look forward to every moment I get to spend with them, either in person, on the phone or via Wii Speak.



Silence: is truly golden and requires no elaboration.



Sentimentality: I am a sentimental fool, but I enjoy it. And I enjoy looking back over the trinkets and treasures and other odd little things that sentimental fools like myself keep. I do not enjoy having to get rid of things that I have attached sentimental value to (which is most things), but I will. If I have to. Eventually.



Serenity: I don't need to add much of anything to that one. And of course there is the sense of peace you have when you are by yourself, without children, but there is also the peace you feel when your family is around you and all is right with the world. The little moments of serenity you find when you least expect it, like a car ride or waiting in line at the grocery store. When Bella slips her little hand into mind while we're walking somewhere, moments like that.



Straightforward: as I get older, I truly appreciate people who don't pussyfoot around. If you can't do something, say that you can't, and vice-versa. I know that I don't have time to waste, and I know most other people don't, either. Be honest and upfront about your abilities and availability. And no games; I hate games, and I hate drama for the sake of drama.



Son: Bubba has brought such joy to my life, and I am utterly smitten with him. I am grateful for him and his presence in our lives every day.



Sunshine: This is the term of endearment that Bella picked out for herself. But she had a very good point when she came up with it. I used to call Bella my little flashlight - we were going through a lot of stuff, and I was working a lot and couldn't be with her as much as I would have liked, and I always told her that she was my little light, a beam of light that keeps me going when things just seem too dark. And she said that she would be my sunshine and the dark couldn't get anywhere near me. She is too sweet.



Sunday: because it's family day, and I love family day.



Strength: This is something I hope for in myself and respect the heck out of in other people.


Sandwiches: Oh, do I love a good sandwich. I would eat one at every meal, if I could. And not only can a sandwich be absolutely delicious, but there is the convenience factor as well - it's a whole meal slapped between two pieces of bread. You can carry it around with you, eat it while driving (but I would never eat and drive, nooooooooooo), load the dishwasher with one hand and munch with the other......what's not to like?

I think that was 10 items, but you'll have to forgive me if it wasn't. I'm sleepy and working and blogging and, since multitasking is not my forte, I am going to trim it back to just working. Good day!

1 comment:

T with Honey said...

Very creative! I love how you spanned from the profound silence and sentimentality to family members to something as simple as sandwiches.