Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tagged: My A-B-C's

Aimee tagged me for this meme:

A. Attached or Single? Attached to Brian, my husband of six or so years.

B. Best Friend? My sister-in-law Michelle, for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that she is my babysitter.

C. Cake or pie? Cake, I think, although it is hard to beat a piece of apple pie with some melted sharp cheddar on top. It's delicious and it grosses out a certain six-year old, who is positive that it is disgusting and I am weird. My thoughts on that: more pie and cheese for me. Sucker!

D. Day of choice? Sunday. Duh.

E. Essential item? As the parent of a baby who spits up constantly and manages to get his food everywhere, I would say laundry stain removers - any brand.

F. Favorite color? Green.

G. Gummy bears or worms? Gummy worms. Although the bears are good, too, and when faced with the choice I generally select bears. So maybe bears, then. Although the worms are good in dirt cake. Both, then. I made that way harder than it needed to be.

H. Home town? Pensacola, FL, born, raised, and live currently.

I. Favorite indulgence? Flavor-Ice popsicles.

J. January or July? January, because July is so very stinking hot here.

K. Kids? Two, and most likely to stay at two. Although I would, down the road, like to maybe do some fostering. And I would be open to adoption.

L. Life isn’t complete without? Family. And friends who love you like family (meaning they know that you are crazy and hang out with you anyway)

M. Marriage date? 11/25/2001

N. Number of brothers and sisters? Two sisters. I am the middle child, and behave accordingly.

O. Oranges or Apples? Apples. I love apples.

P. Phobias? How much time do you have? Let's see....Lightning. Left turns. Public speaking. Solo performance in public (or really, playing anywhere anyone can hear me, unusual for a trumpet player, I know, but true for me). I'm sure there's more, but that's enough for now.

Q. Quotes? Oh, a few. Let's see....

"You know that our Lord does not look at the greatness or difficulty of our action, but at the love with which you do it." -St. Therese
"Our Lord never asks of us any sacrifice above our strength." -St. Therese
"Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself." -St. Francis De Sales
These are just a couple of my favorites. Both saints are near and dear to me, and both have pages and pages of wonderful quotes. The above all have special meaning for me.

R. Reasons to smile? Lots. My kids, my family, my health, I could go on.

S. Season of choice? Fall. Not that there really is a fall here - there are no subtleties to our seasons - it is hot, or it is not hot.

T. Tag 5 people: AU Jen, my sister Jen and my sister Teresa (wherever they might be blogging these days, and it's sad that I don't know - maybe you girls could send me a link?), maybe Mike (if he will come out of his writing retirement) and Nicole

U. Unknown fact about me? I know how to polka. I went to a goofy progressive magnet middle school and, one year, got stuck in a polka class. Nine weeks of polka. I know your basic polka step and variations thereof. However, I try to keep my mad polka skillz to myself, because 1.) It's really not anything anyone needs to see, and 2.) shockingly enough, there are few forums in which to display said skillz. Oom-pah music is out, I suppose. Imagine that.

V. Vegetable? Collard greens. Black-eyed peas (does that count as a veggie?). Spinach. Eggplant. Lots of veggies, really - most veggies. Not okra, though, I can't stand okra. Too slimy. Blech.

W. Worst habit? Complaining. And being extremely sarcastic at inappropriate moments.

X. Xray or Ultrasound? Although I have had plenty of both over time, the ultrasounds have it, in my book.

Y. Your favorite food? Pulled pork. Anything featuring sausage, or sausage on its' own. Tomato sauces. Tomato-cream sauces. Pesto. A steak from McGuire's. I could go on and on and on, because I'm hungry, so I will stop now. Garlic bread. Ok, really done this time.

Z. Zodiac sign? Aquarius.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

McGuire's!! I miss McGuire's! It was the first restaurant Rob took me to when I finally joined him in P'cola after we were married. I even have my own mug. :)

Oh, and you need to come up to PA sometime - there are PLENTY of opportunities to show off your mad polka skillz and you won't even be teased about it. In fact, you would probably be treated like royalty! :)