Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Nothing Going On

Not a whole lot happening here. I have started then deleted this post three times now, disgusted by my own overly-wordiness. So I have decided to go with bullet points. Nothing makes you attempt to be concise like bullet points. That being said:
  • Jacelyn has come home with a stomachache the last two days. Yesterday, after an hour of misery, she was in the bathroom pooping in an explosive manner and confided in Michelle that she doesn't poop at school, only at home. Because it's gross to poop at school. We all tried to bolster her bathroom confidence and assure her that pooping at school is indeed OK, but she seemed dubious. So I wrote a note to her teacher, laughing uproariously the whole time, asking poor Mrs. Myers if she could somehow let Jacelyn know it's ok to poop at school. Then got the giggles while wondering if that note would go in some file somewhere at school, and when she's at her eighth grade graduation we will find this note about preschool pooping and laugh.
  • Jacelyn's Daisy troop leader asked me if I would be a co-leader next year, and I think I'm going to accept. I think I'm doingly it purely for the patch Jacelyn will receive (it's huge and says, "My Mom's a LEADER!"), but regardless of motive, I'm leaning towards agreeing. I'll probably agree, anyone, since I lack the ability to say no. But that's ok.
  • Jacelyn got a birthday party invitation from a classmate yesterday for a party that is this weekend, making me feel a little less behind the ball for not having her invitations out yet (Jacelyn's party is April 21st). It is for some Jump-Up place that is apparently one big moonwalk/trampoline. I've heard it's really cool. What I found terribly amusing, in a rather sad commentary on our society kind of way, is the liability waiver on the inside of the invitation that must be signed and turned in at the party. That is from the establishment, not the parent, and I understand why they have to do it, but it was still funny.
  • I'm going tomorrow to pick out invitations for Jacelyn's birthday party. We are having a luau, complete with leis and the whole nine yards. For those of you familiar, it will be where Brian and I got married, which is also where Jacelyn had her first birthday party. It's going to be ridiculously expensive and stressful, but you only turn five once, so what the hell. Michelle won a free trailer rental at the same park where the picnic pavillion is, so we will actually be staying out there for the weekend. We are considering sending Jacelyn back with Brian's parents after her party and de-stressing with some serious drinking. Sigh. Why have we made birthday parties so hard? Why can't it be easier? Well, it could be easier, but I won't get into that, here.
  • That's about it. Brian will be in town tomorrow, for the first time in two weeks. Jacelyn is looking forward to that. I'm looking forward to my day off tomorrow, since my schedule has been thrown all out of whack by my vacationing sister (hope you're enjoying yourself, Jennifer). Later!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I did have a purty good time, actually. :) Lemme know if you need any help with J's birthday party, k? :)

Anonymous said...

Emily's birthday party is on the 21st as well. Brings back the memories, doesn't it? :)