Saturday, April 15, 2006

It's freaking spring, ok

A little template change, commemorating the change in seasons, and how it's already hot as blazes here. I also thought the change in template would make the blog a little easier on the eyes - particularly MY eyes, since there is something about the color blue on a computer screen that makes my eyes ache. Anything on a computer screen makes my eyes ache these days, though. I am not aging gracefully - I am clunking around in my late twenties, dispiritedly watching 30 looming in towards me. I know that I am not old, and I don't consider 30, 40, or 50 to be old (I shamefacedly confess that I do consider 65 or so to be kind of old - just kind of, but kind of old, nonetheless - sorry). But signs of my aging do bother me, from time to time. My eyesight is in the crapper. My hair has so much silver in it someone needs to stamp "sterling" on my forehead. I am happy that it is a bright, shiny silver - no dull gray for me, nosiree. But there's a lot of it. And time and gravity are taking their toll, and things are drooping.

But you know what? Screw it. It's freaking spring. Jacelyn and I have managed to get some sunflowers to sprout, and even grow a little. They aren't flowers yet or anything - I'm certain we'll do something to kill them off long before they have the chance to become actual flowers, but they are little sprouts that have grown fairly tall. Plants are blooming, birds are singing, we're surrounded by beauty, and I'm just going to enjoy life. Ha! I sounded like an optimist for a second there, didn't I? Don't be fooled or concerned; I am still the deeply negative person you all might know a little and that some love. There's a lot of stress to be found inside; with this weather, and a almost-four year old to show you just how fun it can be, outside is pretty nice. So if you need me, that's where I'll be. Happy Easter.

No comments: