Thursday, March 26, 2009

Baby, I'm back (sort of)

Boy, was I sick. Sicker than I have been in a long, long time, and sick for what felt like a long, long time - two weeks exactly. I still have a little rattle in my chest and some sinus pressure/pain, but other than that I finally feel human again. But I'm still so tired! It's like I just can't get enough sleep. No matter how tired I might be, though, I thank God that I am functioning again.

My apartment, though....it has seen some better days. Most nights I just tried to pick up enough to ensure we wouldn't develop an infestation of roaches or rodents in the house, declared it good enough and collapsed into bed. It's not dirty, in other words, there is just stuff everywhere - it's cluttered.

My husband did help out around the house - one night, after he had left for work, I went into our master bathroom to brush my teeth and was pleasantly surprised to notice that he had cleaned. I decided to call him and thank him, while brushing my teeth - that's a bad habit of mine, talking on the phone and brushing. I thanked him for cleaning the bathroom, and we were talking about the kids and Bella's day at school when I suddenly noticed an icky taste in my mouth. This is the conversation that followed:

Me: "My toothbrush tastes funny..."
Hubby: "Uh-oh, like what?"
Me: "I don't know what it tastes like, but it doesn't taste right."
Hubby: "Oh, wait, I might have accidentally sprayed it with bathroom cleaner."
Me: "WHAT? Are you serious? I'm brushing my teeth with bathroom cleaner?"
Hubby: "Probably, yeah, I thought I might have sprayed it."
Me: "Why didn't you throw it away? Or better yet move the toothbrushes when you're cleaning?"
Hubby: "I don't know! I thought you would be mad if I threw your toothbrush away!"
Me: "Madder than I would be for you letting my brush my teeth with Tilex?"
Hubby: "Well, I wasn't really sure which would be worse. And then I forgot."

I rinsed thoroughly, threw away my toothbrush, got another one out of the hall closet and just let the subject drop - I was so grateful to have just one room in the house that was clean that I didn't care about a little Tilex in my toothpaste. So now my mouth is disinfected and lemony fresh, and maybe the bleach will have some whitening effects (but hopefully no other effects). But hey, at least my bathroom is clean!

No comments: