Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Every day is an adventure

Last night, I was standing in the kitchen drying dishes when Jacelyn went waltzing past me on her way to the restroom. She looked up at me and said, while still walking, "Mommy, I just put the biggest boogar on the wall, go look". What?! She went into the bathroom and did her business while I went to check the wall in question, and there was indeed a very large boogar placed at 4-year old height. Upon her return from the restroom she stood back and admired her placement. "Big, isn't it" she commented proudly. I directed her to get a napkin and remove the boogar from the wall, while instructing her as to proper boogar removal and discarding procedures. She did not seem convinced; she seemed to think display to be far more appropriate. Only time will tell if anything sunk in, I suppose I'll just have to keep checking the walls.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Bwa ha! I know what Resa is thinking about right now - the booger/coat incident. Heh...good times...

Teresa said...

Dang it! You beat me to it!

Anyway...she's obviously her mother's daughter...placing boogers where they do NOT belong (as in, on my coat). :)

Anonymous said...

What's with kids and their nose? Its like they think the holy grail us up there, and they could get it only if they explored every nook and cranny. Yesterday Emmy and I were cuddling in bed and she asked me to rub her back, then pat her butt, during which she starts laughing hysterically and chanting "I farted on you! I farted on you!" Ah, yes, its the simple things in life. LOL