Friday, July 27, 2007

We're alright

I have been pleasantly surprised at every doctor visit. Every time I hear, "You're fine, the baby is fine, everything looks really good" I am amazed. Wha? I think this might be common among people who have miscarried previously. A friend of mine told me once that she didn't feel like things would be OK until she hit 38 weeks (two weeks before your due date).

I saw the doctor today, and Brian came, too. Yes! Brian Bernardo! I know! I didn't believe it until he showed up (later than we had agreed and almost making me late), but there he was, with Jacelyn in tow. We got to hear Bun's heartbeat. My doctor listened to it for a minute and told Jacelyn, "That's a pretty fast heartbeat, this could be a little boy!", to which Jacelyn promptly responded, "You don't know yet". I, completely aghast, said "Jacelyn!" and my doctor said, "Well, she's right, I don't". After I sent Brian and Jacelyn out of the room he proclaimed Jacelyn to be cute yet precocious.

So that's it. Everything is going fine. Woo-hoo!

No comments: